Tasty looking aren’t they? These are the beautiful new sorbet shades you can expect to see in clothing stores over the next several weeks as the new spring fashions start rolling out.
Pantone, the world leader in color, has crowned these the Top Colors of Spring/Summer 2018 and bet that women will be snapping them up to look fresh, fashionable and fabulous.
Let’s take a closer look at this mood board of spring fashion colors.
Are you getting excited yet? If you love intense, bold colors, then this is the year for you. At New York Fashion week we saw plenty of deep sorbet colors as well as other saturated hues! (But don’t worry if you prefer a more toned down look, there’s always a version of these colors for you. At London Fashion Week these shades were softer and dustier.)
Pantone says The Spring 2018 palette “encourages a sense of fun and playful release.” It’s the ideal palette for more unique and dramatic color mixing, which apparently many women are looking for.
In fact, the desire for colorful self-expression is a key take away for Spring 2018. Women don’t want to feel limited by traditional colors. Pantone says these new hues give you the freedom to explore and experiment. They are feel-good colors that communicate optimism, confidence, and vitality.
Pantone Fashion Color Report 2018 – Spring’s New Colors Include:
- Meadowlark: This confident and outgoing, bright yellow shade glisten with joy and illuminates the world around us.
- Cherry Tomato: Impulsive Cherry Tomato is a tempestuous orangey red with heat and energy. Demanding attention, this never to be ignored shade is viscerally alive.
- Little Boy Blue: Suggestive of expansiveness and continuity, this azure blue shade reassures us with its promise of a new day.
- Chili Oil: Chili Oil is an earthy brown based red that adds flavorful definition to the spring 2018 palette.
- Pink Lavender: A soft and romantic violet rose that charms with its soothing sense of quiescence.
- Blooming Dahlia: The subtly alluring Blooming Dahlia beckons us with its understated appeal.
- Arcadia: Hinting at retro yet also modern, Arcadia is a cooler, cleaner take on green with a tinge of blue undertone.
- Ultra Violet: Conveying originality and ingenuity, the magical Ultra Violet is a distinctive and complex purple shade that fascinates and intrigues.
- Emperador: This rich chocolate infused brown, Emperador adds strength and substance to the spring 2018 palette.
- Almost Mauve: Delicate and ephemeral Almost Mauve adds a sense of nostalgia to the spring 2018 palette.
- Spring Crocus: Spring Crocus is a flamboyant and tantalizing fuchsia shade that summons you in with its beguiling charm.
- Lime Punch: Sharp and pungent, Lime Punch hits a chord with its strident and striking citrus like presence.
As you can see varying shades of purple and pink rule this spring, from lavender to lilac and rosy pink with Pantone’s Ultra Violet being hailed as the color of the year!
Now, just because we are seeing a lot of intense brights, it doesn’t mean you can’t wear more neutral or classic shades like:
- Navy (Sailor Blue)
- Gray ( Habour Mist)
- Taupe ( Warm Sand)
- White ( Coconut Milk)
These core colors are also part of the fashion color trends for Spring and Summer 2018 (see the bottom row of the chart). They work on their own, as well as provide a beautiful backdrop to work in some of these new spring colors.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.