Anybody who follows my style knows I love coral shades, which is why I’m very excited about the spring fashion colors. This year Pantone has named Living Coral the top color of 2019! Living coral is a pretty, soft coral with a golden undertone.
Pantone describes Living Coral as “evocative of how coral reefs provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of color.”
This spring, you will see a lot of blush coral looks, pinky oranges, orangey reds, all well as deeply sparkly blue, bold yellows, and mossy greens. Here is a look at the spring/summer fashion colors and what they communicate.
Spring Colors 2019
1. Fiesta: A festive, exciting orange-red.
2. Jester Red: Deep, luxurious urban elegance.
3. Turmeric: An enlivening orange that infuses a hint of pungency into the palette.
6. Pepper Stem: A zesty yellow-green.
8. Princess Blue: A majestic royal blue hue that glistens.
10. Mango Mojito: The golden-yellow Mango Mojito feeds our craving for comfort.
11. Terrarium Moss: Conjures up thoughts of flourishing foliage and the physical beauty in the natural world.
12. Sweet Lilac: An endearing pink infused lavender, Sweet Lilac’s natural and gentle manner quietly charms.
Style Tips on How to Wear the Spring Fashion Colors
It’s always exciting to see the new shades translated into actual clothes. Here are a few ways to wear these new bold colors.
1. Wear a Striped Top
An easy-to-wear test drive for the new colors is to wear a striped top. This cute wrap top combines shades of Living Coral, Fiesta Red, Mango, and even a little pink all into one. It’s the perfect top to wear with jeans to brighten up your look this time of year and will transition perfectly into spring.
Accent the top by carrying the same shade as one of the colored stripes to make it pop.
2. All One Color Is Striking
If you prefer to dive right into the trend, then try a solid-colored dress. This deep, pinky-coral shade makes this low-key pleated dress modern and magnetic. Keep your shoes neutral, so all eyes are on the dress, and remember, neutral shoes don’t have to mean boring.
These nude suede pumps are feminine and fabulous. A rose print bag adds a lot of life and personality to your look. Sure, you can go with a solid-colored bag, but this is much more wow.
3. Wear Bright Colors on a Dark Background
When you prefer darker colors but want to be on board with current, then a dark floral dress is a great idea. See how pretty these spring fashion floral in pink, reds, and green adds life to this flirty navy midi dress?
This is a more subtle approach to wearing brighter colors, but it’s also striking. Which colors will you be wearing this spring?