If you like getting together with your girlfriends, you know much fun and relaxing it can be… and how important it is to wear something cute, casual and a little bit sexy!
Whether you all go out to dinner, the movies, or just hanging with your BFF’s over a bottle of wine and appetizers, you want to look good and feel party ready. How should you dress to look pulled together but not overdone? Here are some tips for what to wear on a Ladies Night out.
1. Start with dark wash jeans Skinny jeans are fab but if you want to balance a bigger bottom half try a boot cut or slightly flared pant. Dark jeans are dressier than faded ones, and more slimming too.
2. Make your top the star of the show. If your bottoms are plain your top should be the star of the show. Go for an interesting fabric, color or shiny fabric.
3. Don’t tuck in! Unless you are a “pear shape” with a super flat tummy, most of us over 40 fashionistas will look best if we keep our tops out. You can add a thin or thick belt if you think it will flatter your figure. If not, do without!
4. To look dressy… A wrap dress is a perfect solution when you are wondering what to wear on a girly night out. It’s not only super feminine, but it’s also very comfy.
5. For an edgy party look wear leather pants and a long tunic blouse with black booties.
6. Wear Jewelry and Accessories. These will glam up your look but don’t overdo it. Too much bling and you look overdone for a casual get together.
7. Get out a pair of sexy heels and strut your stuff. You go girl. Bring out the heels, booties and have some fun! If you have foot problems, then a pair of wedges is a good compromise. You’ll probably be sitting and chatting all night anyway. Just remember, the shoes can make or break the outfit!
8. Switch out your everyday purse for a clutch. Let this be your excuse to take out one of those cute clutches you probably have tucked away at the back of your closet. Leave your everyday bag at home. You don’t need to lug all that stuff around. Just grab your cell phone, a tube of lipstick and your wallet and toss them into your cute clutch.
Do you have ideas for what to wear on a night out with girlfriends? I’d love to hear or send me a photo in your cute outfit, and I will post it!
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.