After 40, 50 and beyond you want to look classy, you want to look chic, and you also want a look a little bit sexy. How do you communicate that in a tasteful, grown-up-gal way?
Plunging necklines that dive desperately deep, or thigh high skirts designed for teenagers are not the answer. One of the best ways to look modern and sexy is to buy yourself a pair of tall, black dress boots.
This season there’s three heights to choose from: 1. TALL – classic, to the knee 2. TALLER- modern, over the knee-ap a little 3. TALLEST- edgy, a few inches above the knee.
How high do you go? All three can work. Here are some tips on how to wear black tall boots no matter what height you choose:
- If you want height, but heels kill your feel, try a wedge or platform heel.
- Leather is the most versatile kind of black boot.
- A pointy toe boot is dressier than a rounded toe.
- Zippers on boots add a sporty vibe.
- Thin suede boots that pull on like a glove are very sexy and elegant.
- Over the knee boots work with dresses, but also look good tucked into jeans and worn with a big, soft blouse.
- Wear over the knee boots with dark opaque stockings to create a long lean line.
- Avoid shiny, patent black over the knee boots – too “pretty woman”.
- Black suede boots pair best with black opaque stockings. Black leather boots can be worn with varying thickness of hose but look modern with opaque.
Low heeled equestrians style boots have a refined, casual feel. They look good with jeans and a pretty blouse or classic blazer.