Sometimes all you need to liven up your wardrobe is to look at it from a fresh, new angle! Asymmetrical tops and tunics let you do just that. These trendy off-kilter tops and tunics have become fashionable to wear because they have a lot to offer. For example:
- Asymmetrical Tunic Tops Have an Artsy Vibe: Even the most conservative of us have days when we want to look a little more creative. An asymmetrical tunic top tunic worn over leggings is a subtle way to express the artsy side of your personality.
- Easy to Style: Whether your asymmetrical top is slanted across the front, side or back, it makes a strong style statement. You don’t need to wear much else to look stylish, except for a pair of black leggings.
- Youthful: When you look slightly edgy, you look modern, and that translates into youthful. Notice, I’m not saying young- none of us wants to look like a teenager, but youthful (vibrant) is excellent. An asymmetrical top with leggings ( especially leather leggings ) makes you look more youthful than if you wore jeans and a conservative button-up shirt.
- Slimming: Bonus! Asymmetrical tops with their uneven hemlines draw the eye upward, creating a long, lean line that makes you look tall and slender. Plus, these tops flow, which helps camouflage any belly bulge beautifully. For gals who love to wear color, a color-blocked asymmetric tunic to help sculpt your figure. Visit my post on color-blocked dresses to learn how this works.
- Asymmetric Tunic Tops are Comfy: I’m a stickler for comfort, but I also want to look chic. An asymmetrical top with leggings is an outfit I can wear sitting at my computer when I go out to dinner, shopping- you name it. It feels good. It’s casual, classy, and comfortable.
You can even wear an asymmetrical top with a jacket if you want even more of an edgier vibe. Just keep the jacket within the same tonal range as the top, so you don’t come off looking like a colorful chopped-up puzzle. Here are 3 Asymmetrical tops and tunics that are trending right now and fresh new ways to style them.
1. Mixed Media Asymmetric Top
Some of the artsiest asymmetric tops combine mixed patterns, fabrics, and prints. For example, this top above combines leopard print with a floral print with an asymmetrical dotted hemline. This funky asymmetrical top worn with classic riding boots and a structured tote to balance the top is a sophisticated, old money look. This outfit pops, and you will look like one chic mama.
2. Asymmetrical Handkerchief Hem Tunic
Sometimes an Asymmetric top has asymmetry front and center like we see n this handkerchief hem top. Wear this outfit, as is, for a slightly artsy look, or crank up the creativity by adding funky jewelry or some layering pieces. To see how to make an asymmetric top and leggings outfit look artsier, check out this post.
3. Long Sweater with Asymmetrical Hemline
This cozy sweater tunic with the modern mock neckline is another great look. Since this sweater has plenty of texture, try pairing it with some sleek black faux leather leggings for a beautiful contrast. Play up the edgy vibe with these cool stitched boots and a fab leather bag with lots of hardware.
Are you a fan of asymmetrical tops or tunics worn with leggings? Let me know how you wear them and which of these outfits you like best.
Take a look at these slightly off-kilter favorites that pair so perfectly with leggings.