My reader jane wanted to know, Can you wear white leggings? This is the photo she sent.
The answer is yes, you can wear white leggings, but they are trickier to pull off. Why?
- They are lighter and thinner. You have to be careful they are not see-through.
- White is not as slimming as black, so if you are bottom heavy, you I would avoid them.
- They’re very seasonal. White only looks good in hot weather.
The problem here isn’t Jane’s white leggings. It’s her top. Although Jane has a terrific figure, this top worn with these white leggings makes it look like she forgot her pants.
The light blue, ruched top barely grazes her bottom. It’s a little short for her leggings as well as too form fitting across her hips and behind. This top would work better with skinny white jeans that would be thicker and heavier and balance things out.
This flowy blue tunic worn by 40+ blogger Shellie Bowdoin of The Fab Journey works better with white leggings. Why?
- It’s longer at the back and completely covers her bottom.
- It’s looser around the waist and hips, and it flows down and outward more like a dress than a top. There’s movement.
- You get that lovely wide over narrow silhouette that is so flattering too.
Here’s another great look on Shellie. A long tunic over leggings lets the leggings peek out from underneath. Remember, leggings are an accessory, not the main attraction. Leggings are not pants; they’re a layering piece.
Some women prefer Capri leggings, especially in summer. Here’s a gal I met at a conference wearing white Capri leggings with a long, straight tunic. This is a classic leggings look.
Often you’ll find dresses that seem too short to wear over 40, but they can work well as long tops worn over leggings.
What do you think of the photo my reader Jane sent in? Is her light blue top o.k. With those white leggings or does she need a longer top like these other gals? I’d love to know.
Did you like this Post?
This post contains revenue generating affiliate links which helps support my business at no additional cost to you. Thank you for shopping via my links.