Whether you are working or not, it seems like these days you need a great current picture of yourself!
Are you looking for a new job?
Are you active on a dating site?
Have you have been passing out business cards with your photo on it from 5 years ago? (Time flies, It might be time for a new one!)
What does your Facebook photo look like?
Everyone needs a headshot. There will come a time when you will need one, so you should have it ready. What you might not have realized is how much staging , strategy and preparation needs to go into the perfect headshot.
How do you send out a message about yourself and your business in an authentic and professional way? That is your homework!!! Feel free to call up a few friends and get their input.
What you wear in your head shot is incredibly important.
Here are some things to think about:
- Your outfit should match your brand (if you are a wealth coach, don’t have a picture of yourself on the beach with shorts and t-shirt on)
- The color of your outfit should match your cards and website
- White background is usually the best. Going outside by a tree says amateur!
- Please have your picture re-touched. That means always make sure that the photographer you hire can do “re-touching”…that means they will slightly smooth out your photo so that it will look more professional. You want to make sure you still look like yourself, but just a little better.
- Make sure to wear make-up and if possible, have it done professionally!
So to recap head shots:
~think about what color you will wear, so it will match your website
~have a make up person and hair appointment for the day of your shoot
~bring photos of head shots that you like with you to the shoot.
~lean forward in your head shot… you won’t look so stiff (practice in a mirror and see what angels you look best)
~make sure you are dressed in the outfit that will best project the image you want to convey
If you need some coaching to make sure you are ready for your next photo shoot, check out our on line coaching.