Are you looking for a new job? Are you active on a dating site? Have you have been passing out business cards with your photo on it from 5 years ago? (Time flies, It might be time for a new one!), What does your Facebook photo look like?
These days everyone needs a current headshot.
What you may not have realized is how much staging, strategy, and preparation needs to goes into the perfect photo.
Here is one of my clients before- a pretty gal. She just needed tweaking. AFTER … I had her update her hairstyle and wear richer colors that made all the difference!
How can your headshot send a message about yourself and your business in an authentic and professional way? That’s your homework! Feel free to call up a few friends and get their input.
What you wear in your headshot is incredibly important. Here are some things to think about:
- Your outfit should match your brand (if you are a wealth coach, don’t have a picture of yourself on the beach with shorts and t-shirt on)
- The color of your outfit should match your cards and website.
- A white background is usually the best. Going outside by a tree says amateur!
- Be sure to have your picture re-touched. Make sure that the photographer you hire can do “re-touching”…that means they will slightly smooth out your photo so that it will look more professional. You want to make sure you still look like yourself, but just a little better.
- Make sure to wear make-up and if possible, have it done professionally!
- Lean forward in your headshot so ou don’t look so stiff. Practice in the mirror get the best angle.
- Little changes go a long way!