Whether you are working or not, it seems like these days you need a great current picture of yourself!
Are you looking for a new job?
Are you active on a dating site?
Have you have been passing out business cards with your photo on it from 5 years ago? (Time flies, It might be time for a new one!)
What does your Facebook photo look like?
Everyone needs a headshot. There will come a time when you will need one, so you should have it ready. What you might not have realized is how much staging , strategy and preparation needs to go into the perfect headshot.
How do you send out a message about yourself and your business in an authentic and professional way? That is your homework!!! Feel free to call up a few friends and get their input.
What you wear in your head shot is incredibly important.
Here are some things to think about:
- Your outfit should match your brand (if you are a wealth coach, don’t have a picture of yourself on the beach with shorts and t-shirt on)
- The color of your outfit should match your cards and website
- White background is usually the best. Going outside by a tree says amateur!
- Please have your picture re-touched. That means always make sure that the photographer you hire can do “re-touching”…that means they will slightly smooth out your photo so that it will look more professional. You want to make sure you still look like yourself, but just a little better.
- Make sure to wear make-up and if possible, have it done professionally!
So to recap head shots:
~think about what color you will wear, so it will match your website
~have a make up person and hair appointment for the day of your shoot
~bring photos of head shots that you like with you to the shoot.
~lean forward in your head shot… you won’t look so stiff (practice in a mirror and see what angels you look best)
~make sure you are dressed in the outfit that will best project the image you want to convey